Saturday, December 22, 2007

Winter Wonderland

It was a beautiful morning here, with a couple inches of fresh snow, something I haven't seen the past couple of Christmas's. The temp was right about freezing, so the snow stuck to the trees, making for a picturesque view out my back yard.

I then met Morgan (friend from Caltech, from MN) for a couple hours of XC Skiing. This was my first time on skate skis, and while I was hoping to look like this,
I got used to this view pretty quickly. Actually, I only fell a couple times right off the bat, and then sort of figured out how to do it.

It was a good time, and I can tell that I used muscles I don't normally use, like my arms. Tomorrow, more skiing at Battle Creek Park in St. Paul.
Now, more sitting by the fireplace.

1 comment:

Lyle said...

First.
Once again Warner dominates the comment section on McKeen's blog.
Seriously though, it looks like a pretty awesome x-mas.
I love XC skiing, and now that Brooke and I are back from Mexico we've gone up to her parents ranch to celebrate a late x-mas.
It's storming right now and I think tomorrow we'll go into Yosemite Valley with our skis and hit the trails.