Saturday, July 28, 2007

I am so sunburnt

I'll elaborate more when I get a chance (I'm currently watching the final TT in the Tour and am too pre occipied to write), but this is the last time I will have internet access before I leave. So...yeah....very sunburnt. Yes, it hurts. But, I guess that's what I get for riding 6 hours yesterday (Les deux Alpes, which is a great climb and a very cool town. People were actually still skiing, although I don't know where as I didn't see much snow. But they were dressed in full ski gear and carrying boards or skis) without sunscreen. I bought some yesterday and put it on this morning, but my "shorter" ride today got a little out of hand and ended up taking 6.5 hours. Tomorrow? Yep, the longest of all. Col du Croix de Fer, Col du Glandon, and the Col du Cucheron...over 200 km. I'm guessing 7 hours in the saddle, so I will probably really be a lobster tomorrow evening. I take the train to Paris on tuesday afternoon and catch my flight back to LA on Wednesday morning. I'm looking forward to being home, especially for my own bed and my car...and my cell phone, none of which I have used for two months. I will definitely miss the bread. That's all for now. I'll add more about the rides with some pics later. The scenery today was unbelievable! Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have reason to believe that John has been doping. Seriously, look at the size of his head.

-Porten